Monday, October 7, 2013

Making sure people and relationships are the focus



We’ve talked a lot this year about the Heritage Christian difference and about how our compassionate culture influences the way we serve. Now, we’d like you to hear from someone who understands the importance of relationships and living out our values: Jennifer Clark, manager at the home on Five Mile Line. 

Jennifer Clark
I have been working with Heritage Christian Services for over 14 years now and have been blessed to share my special gifts, talents and interests in so many ways. I turned some ladies onto the wonderful world of craft shows and now they attend several shows annually and shop for gifts for their friends and family. I have been able to help another actually create and sell jewelry. I love photography and have been able to share that assisting some individuals to create life long memories in scrapbooks, as gifts for their loved ones or themselves. I share pieces of me and my passions in life all of the time with my co-workers and the folks I am blessed to support. We are fortunate to be a part of a great environment that encourages us to share these types of things.

Part of the way I choose to express myself as a person is through my tattoos. I have five and each one holds special meaning to me. They represent love, loss and my dreams. They show the world a bit about who I am. I have always understood however that when I am at work it is my job to help the people I support to shine, be who they are as individuals and be the focus of whatever activity, appointment or outing I am supporting them on.  In order to do this effectively I need to blend into the background, be unnoticed if at all possible. If I cannot go unnoticed then I at the very least want to be noticed for my professionalism. 
One of Jennifer Clark's tattoos is a Claddagh. One hand represents her, while the other represents her brother. The heart symbolizes the love they share, and the crown means they will always be loyal to that love.

1 comment:

  1. What a great tribute about an amazing person. Jen is a wonderful example of someone who makes the Heritage Christian difference, as evident in the people she supports. Thank you for also choosing to share something personal about her that she is not able to share at work.

    ReplyDelete